Do you want to rediscover genuine food?
If you love organic products or if (for now!) You are just curious, this package certainly interests you!
The prized truffle …
The scent of saffron…
Organic hazelnut cream…
All this and much more you can enjoy in this new adventure!
Precious truffles, saffron flavours, hazelnut cream, organic fresh vegetables, fruit, handmade bread and pasta will be the ingredients of your holiday.
Where you will go
- A weekend to enjoy genuine food, in an organic farm in the medieval village of Pietralunga in the green Carpina Valley in Umbria.
What you will do – Programme
- Accommodation on an organic holiday farm.
- Visi to a certified organic farm where you will learn about the ecosystem, the natural environment and about the organic farming criteria used for cultivating the thirty acres of farmland, such as shallow workings, organic fertilization, crop rotation and harvesting of cereals. A demonstration of cleaning using an old cylinder will follow
- 15.00 Participation to a handmade pasta workshop in the organic holiday farm following traditional methods.
- Dinner with traditional local dishes prepared by Silvana with 100% organic seasonal products.
- Ore 8.00: ricco buffet di prodotti biologici 100%:
- Hazelnut cream;
- Cold cuts and cheeses;
- Fruit juices, coffee, tea and chocolate;
- Homemade bread, cakes and biscuits;
- 2.30 pm: Visit to a company producing organic hazelnut cream;
- You will walk in the orchard and learn about the production process, including the roasting and processing of hazelnuts.
- A tasting snack with bread and the delicious cream produced will follow.
- Back to holiday farm for overnight.
- Breakfast and departure.
Prices – Accommodation
Starting from: Standard
- The fee is valid for a stay of two people, for a higher number or for groups, the price will be provided at the time of the request.
2 nights in an organic farm with half-board accommodation in double room;
Handmade pasta- workshop;
Visit to hazelnut cream production company and tasting of products;
Drinks at meals (water, house wine and coffee);
On request special menus can be offered: vegetarian, vegan and gluten free;
To know more…
What you will do during the visit to the organic farm:
Explanations will be provided on the natural environment and on the cultivation according to the criteria of organic farming: shallow processing, organic fertilization and crop rotation, harvesting of cereals.
Finally a demonstration of cleaning with an ancient cylinder will be done.
What will you do during the homemade pasta lesson:
The experienced housewife Silvana will actively participate in the preparation of the dough following the traditional hand-made methods.
Take the “rolling pin”, roll up your sleeves and let’s get started!
Milling: During this phase the cereals are ground in the mill with stone mills and sifted in the “buratto”, which allows to separate the different types of flour, from the whitest to the most integral up to the bran.
Next step: Combine the “cultured” eggs in the chicken coop with the flour to make the dough.
With the “rolling pin” you will have to roll out the dough with precise and rhythmic movements given by Silvana.
Impara la pronuncia Cutting the dough: Once the dough is obtained, which must be of the right thickness, it will be cut to make the different types of pasta such as tagliolini, tagliatelle, “zaganiotti”, pieces or strips…
Obviously you will enjoy the fruit of your work for dinner!
Dinner with traditional local dishes prepared by Silvana with 100% organic seasonal products. Every evening you will enhoy different recipes, from the many specialities of the Farm.
Organic complete meals including appetizers main course, second course and dessert) .